Are you on the lookout for an exciting job opportunity in Lagos, Nigeria? Look no further! Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a prominent telecommunications services provider, is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join their team as an Account Payable Officer. This full-time position is a fantastic opportunity for individuals with a keen interest in finance and administration.
As an Account Payable Officer, your primary responsibility will be to provide financial and administrative support to the organization. Your key duties will include:
- Invoice Collection: Ensure invoices align with the checklist requirements to meet necessary standards.
- Vendor Payments: Accurately book and process vendor payments based on agreed payment terms and service level agreements.
- Vendor Reconciliation: Implement vendor reconciliation in line with group policies and Opco targets, ensuring open issues are resolved within 30 days.
- Accrual Management: Monitor accruals in the books, ensuring none exceed three months of aging without escalation.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation: Address reconciling items arising from balance sheet reconciliations to maintain a clean account.
- Intercompany Transactions: Accurately book and reconcile intercompany cross charges.
- Reporting: Ensure the timely submission of DTR Schedules and other adhoc reports related to accounts payable.
- Invoice Processing: Capture invoices in the system with all relevant information, including VAT and WHT, and ensure supporting documents are attached.
- User Department Collaboration: Initiate invoices to the correct user department and function within that department.
- Approval Process: Follow up with approvers to ensure timely completion of invoice approvals.
- Expense Verification: Verify all accrual expenses booked for the month, ensuring they have verifiable backup schedules.
- Review Decks: Verify the accuracy of review decks for departmental functions and the completeness of all OPEX and departmental expenses.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Certification:
- A University Degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, or any numerate discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools and accounting packages.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Results-oriented mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity, click here to apply before the application deadline on 17th September 2023.
At Airtel Nigeria, we are committed to equal employment opportunities and value diversity. We do not discriminate against applicants based on their race, disability, religion, or gender. Our hiring decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more job updates, check out our website.