Beware of Fraudulent Recruitment Invitations: An Alert from the Nigerian Immigration Service
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has recently issued a public warning, urging individuals, especially those who have applied or are considering applying, to be vigilant regarding bogus invitation letters related to recruitment within the service.
In a statement made public on Wednesday from Abuja, the Service Public Relations Officer (SPRO), Deputy Comptroller of Immigration (DCI) Dr. Adedotun Aridegbe, voiced concerns over the rise of fraudulent activities.
- Official Portal: The only authorized portal to download invitation letters for NIS recruitment is: NIS Official Recruitment Portal. Candidates must use their registration and phone numbers to log in and access these letters.
- Beware of Unofficial Sources: Dr. Aridegbe emphasized that any invitation letter for recruitment not accessed via the official portal should be viewed with skepticism, as it’s likely fake.
Quote: The attention of the acting Comptroller General of NIS, Caroline Adepoju, has been drawn to the activities of some fraudsters, who are deceiving members of the public with fake invitation letters for recruitment into the NIS. – Dr. Adedotun Aridegbe.
Details from the Statement:
- Fraudulent Activities Alert: The service has noted that swindlers are currently misleading the public with sham recruitment invites.
- Sole Official Source: Genuine invitation letters can only be sourced from the NIS’s official recruitment portal.
- Avoid Unsolicited Invites: The general public should disregard any direct invites not originating from the official site, as they are counterfeit and created with malicious intent.
Tip: Always make sure to verify the authenticity of any recruitment-related communication you receive. If it seems suspicious, it probably is.
Where to Seek Authentic Information:
Dr. Aridegbe advises those interested in getting accurate updates or details about NIS’s operations to rely on their legitimate platforms:
In conclusion, staying alert and informed is crucial in this digital age. With scammers continuously devising new ways to deceive, it is essential to stay one step ahead. By relying on official channels and being skeptical of unsolicited invites, individuals can protect themselves from falling victim to these deceitful schemes.
FAQ Regarding NIS Official Recruitment Alert
Q: How can one verify the authenticity of a recruitment invitation from NIS?
All genuine recruitment invitation letters from NIS can only be downloaded from their official recruitment portal: NIS Official Recruitment Portal. It’s essential to be cautious of letters from any other sources.
Q. Are there any specific channels to get accurate information about NIS activities?
Yes, for legitimate information regarding the NIS’s activities, the public is advised to access their official platforms:
- Twitter: @nigimmigration
- Instagram: @ingimmigration
- Other: SERVICOM
Q. What should one do upon receiving a suspicious recruitment invitation?
If you receive an invitation that you suspect is fraudulent, you should immediately disregard it and refrain from sharing any personal information. It’s advised to cross-check with NIS’s official platforms for verification.
Q. Is the NIS currently recruiting?
The official statement does not specify current recruitment drives. Interested individuals should always check the NIS official recruitment portal or their recognized communication channels for accurate updates on recruitment.